Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

What is the best way to say contact info in Spanish (as in a list of phone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses, etc. of a person or business)?

share|improve this question
add comment

3 Answers

up vote 7 down vote accepted

Usually "Información de contacto"

But you don't ask somebody else for his/her "Información de contacto"! You have to ask for a particular item, as in: "Me puedes dar tu número telefónico?"

share|improve this answer
But you can be asked to provide your Información de contacto when filling in a form, for example. –  Gonzalo Medina Nov 23 '11 at 18:39

@Gonzalo Yep. It is very usual in forms and written materials (brochures, etc.) –  belisarius Nov 26 '11 at 13:46
add comment

If you want a literal translation, "información de contacto". As in ¿Cuál es tu información de contacto?. But more likely to go with "¿Cuál es tu número de teléfono?"

add comment

I have heard this referred to, collectively, as datos, although that's really a broader term, and can refer to birth date, height, social security number, or any other data about a person.

Referring to people, "datos" is very colloquial. –  belisarius Nov 23 '11 at 5:45
I'm sure I've heard/seen datos like this in Mexico. Remember info in English is also very colloquial. –  hippietrail Nov 23 '11 at 8:47
@hippietrail: But not quite as colloquial as "Give me your digits." –  Flimzy Nov 23 '11 at 15:25

@Flimzy: Hand over the dice! –  hippietrail Nov 23 '11 at 15:27

@belisarius: I don't think it's as colloquial as you think in all locations. Last night when paying for a car repair, the cashier asked if my "datos" were all correct. And again this morning when shipping something via UPS, the clerk asked me to fill in my "datos." So the phrase is clearly used in "professional" transactions here in Guadalajara. –  Flimzy Nov 30 '11 at 16:46
show 3 more comments

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.