Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

If a doctor was seeing a patient again and wanted to say Nice to see you again! how would he say so in Spanish. Thanks in advance.

share|improve this question
Es agradable verlo (de nuevo)/(otra vez) –  Emilio Gort Jan 13 at 5:20
Welcome!!! in the StackExchange network is good to do a prior research before asking, because your question will be close, spanish.stackexchange.com/help/on-topic –  Emilio Gort Jan 13 at 5:23
add comment

6 Answers 6

In a somewhat formal context like that, the right expression would be Me alegro de volver a verle.

share|improve this answer

In neutral context would be Me alegro de volver a verte or Me alegro de verte de nuevo. –  lorddarkangel Jan 13 at 10:15

@lorddarkangel O Me alegro de verte nuevamente. Pero nunca Me alegro de vuelverte a ver :) –  belisarius Jan 15 at 6:08
It is more usual to say "Me alegro de verte" that "Me alegro de volver a verte". The part of "volver a" ("again") is unnecesary, as any time you see someone you are seeing him again. I think without that it sounds better, if a literal transalation is not mandatory. –  Flamma Jan 16 at 1:00

@Flamma: We could say the same in English: Nice to see you instead of Nice to see you again. But you don't use both constructs in exactly the same situations. Maybe in an informal context you would be more likely to shorten the sentence. –  Gorpik Jan 16 at 16:03

@Gorpik I don't think those distinctions apply in Spanish. I don't think "Me alegro de verle" is more informal than "Me alegro de volver a verle", just much more usual, in my opinion. Maybe in the case of the doctor, another courtesy sentences would be more usual like "¿Cómo está usted?". –  Flamma Jan 16 at 23:48
add comment

There are different ways to express the same salutation in spanish:

¡Qué bueno verte (de nuevo)!

¡Qué gusto verte (de nuevo)!

¡Me alegro de verte (de nuevo)!

¡Me alegro de (volver a) verte!

You could also get away with taking Qué out completely, but it wouldn't have as much emphasis on HOW good it is to see the person again. –  dockeryz Feb 5 at 19:09
add comment

Me alegro de verte de nuevo!!!

add comment

Encantado de volver a verte/verle.

add comment

Colombia, actually there is a trend or a zeitgeist to say:

"Me encanto verte!"
add comment

In Mexico, it is also used:

Me da gusto verte

add comment

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.