Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

How would I say:

I'm calling to follow up with you, to see how you are doing since your discharge home. My supervisor likes to reward our employees for a job well done, is there anyone in your opinion that stood out that you would like to thank or acknowledge?

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by c.p., JoulSauron Jan 12 at 12:13

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not provide a bulk translation service." – c.p., JoulSauron
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Welcome to Spanish.SE. We are not a translation service. Having said that, we are happy to help you with translation questions, but please show some effort on your part, and ask a specific question regarding your area of trouble or doubt. –  Flimzy Jan 14 at 17:48

1 Answer 1

Estoy llamando para hacerle un seguimiento y ver como le está yendo después que fue dado de alta. Mi supervisor quiere estimular a nuestros trabajadores por el trabajo bien hecho. ¿Hay alguien en su opinión que debería ser reconocido?.

NOTE: Questions asking for translations are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not provide a bulk translation service.

Please

share|improve this answer

That translation wasn't even right, you would say "dar seguimiento" instead of "hacerle un seguimiento" –  Andrei Dvoynos Jan 13 at 8:11
@AndreiD In Spain, at least, we would say hacer un seguimiento, which means to evaluate and control something or (as in this case) someone continually or periodically. Dar seguimiento would be to perform an action that follows on a previous one. –  Gorpik Jan 13 at 12:20
I agree with @gorpik and I'm from cuba –  Emilio Gort Jan 13 at 14:24

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.