Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Lo que hacen las armas muy peligrosas es cuando se los niños utilizan por placer.

What make guns very dangerous is when kids use them for fun.

share|improve this question
I would use para divertirse. –  Anonymous Jan 4 at 16:27
I closed this because it's not clear what's your question. Are you asking to check if the translation is correct? In that case, the question would be off-topic. –  JoulSauron Jan 5 at 18:38

I thought he was asking about the "sujeto" and "objeto directo". –  Flamma Jan 8 at 18:55
add comment

closed as unclear what you're asking by Ricardo, dusan, Theta30, JoulSauron Jan 5 at 18:36

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

1 Answer

up vote 2 down vote accepted

Translation into spanish:

Lo que hace a las armas muy peligrosas es que los niños las utilicen para divertirse.

The original sentence:

Lo que hacen las armas muy peligrosas es cuando se los niños utilizan por placer.

Has several mistakes:

• "Hacen" should be "hace" because "hace" is refering to "lo que", not "a las armas".

• "las armas" is an indirect object, so we use "a" : "a las armas"

• "cuando se los niños" does not make any sense in spanish.

• "utilizan" is the verb and needs a direct object: "las armas", but to avoid repeating "las armas", we use "las" like this: "las utilizan".

• "por placer" is the translation of "for pleasure". "for fun" is commonly translated as "por diversion" / "para divertise".

share|improve this answer
add comment

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.