Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

A Boomeranging Telescopic Phrase Maze is a "fluent" set of words (where one word or phrase leads to the next) that begin and end with the same word. A relatively simple example is:

*I write this in the year 671 * 3 Dog Nights in White Satin Soldier Field of Dreamboat Annie Oakley sunshine on my shoulders of giant reptile roof roof says Bowzerk fitting tang walla-walla Washingtons and what do you get ready or not here I*

Poetry is very difficult to translate (well). Are Boomeranging Telescopic Phrase Mazes "beyond the pale" - impossible to translate?

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by DarkAjax, Theta30, Flimzy Dec 27 '13 at 8:27

• This question does not appear to be about the Spanish language within the scope defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

The question is about the difficulty of translating, not about spanish itself, therefore is off-topic –  DarkAjax Dec 26 '13 at 19:21
I think "Alice in Wonderland" or "Through the looking glass" have a very good translation in Spain, despite is very difficult to tranlate poems like "Galimatazo" and derivates. Anyway, is there another term to describe the concept you mention? I have searched in google for "Boomeranging Telescopic Phrase Maze" and the only result is this page.... thanks! –  Arkana Dec 27 '13 at 8:07

This question would better fit into the scope of the Linguistics site; although I'm not sure how welcome it would be there, either. You might ask on meta (linking back to this question). –  Flimzy Dec 27 '13 at 8:26

@Arkana: I know of no better term for this genere/style/conceit; Neologist that I am, I coined it myself. –  B. Clay Shannon Dec 27 '13 at 16:00

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.