Translate.com gives me "La película pelícano peligroso" but then going the other direction with it gives me "The film pelican dangerous!"

Should it be something like "La película de los pelícanos peligrosos" or...???

• What is the meaning you're trying to convey? Is a film (movie) on dangerous pelicans, a film titled The Dangerous Pelican, a dangerous film (material) made of pelicans? Dec 20, 2013 at 16:42
  • A movie about dangerous pelicans. Dec 20, 2013 at 16:46
    Then you are right, it should be «la película de los pelícanos peligrosos». Dec 20, 2013 at 16:48
  • Okay, thanks; if you make it an answer, I'll mark it as such. Dec 20, 2013 at 16:59
  • LOL, I can't believed ,The dangerous Pelican ?, what movie have it's name, the palican eating the heads of the people, on the final of the film some superkillerpelicanhero(skph) kill the pelican boss, and humanity live happy forever and ever. And yeah in spanish his traslation is, "La pelicula de los Pelicanos Peligrosos", or, "Los peligrosos pelicanos hacen una pelicula", "Los pelicanos se vuelven un peligro para la humanidad",...LOL... Dec 20, 2013 at 18:35

1 Answer 1

What translate.com attempts to give you is the translation of “the Dangerous Pelican film” (a movie titled “Dangerous Pelican”), which whit proper punctuation and capitalization would be «la película “Pelícano peligroso”».

If this is a movie about dangerous pelicans (or in particular about some kind of dangerous pelican), a better translation is «la película de los pelícanos peligrosos» or «la película del pelícano peligroso». The plural is more common in Spanish although the singular is okay when refering to a whole species or group.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.