Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I am learning Spanish primarily by having a Spanish and English copy of the same book, and reading them simultaneously (literally (no pun intended) with one in each hand).

http://www.gutenberg.org has mostly English books, but a few Spanish, too. Does a list of which books gutenberg has in both english and spanish exist? The only one I know of as of now is Don Quixote.

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by AlexBcn, c.p., Alexis Pigeon, Flimzy Dec 19 '13 at 11:03

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

google can help you better –  Emilio Gort Dec 17 '13 at 18:34

I tried that; googling "which books does gutenberg have in spanish and english" gave me no exhiliration. –  B. Clay Shannon Dec 17 '13 at 18:44
The Alchemist/El alquimista –  Emilio Gort Dec 17 '13 at 18:53

1 Answer 1

up vote 2 down vote accepted
  • The Alchemist/El alquimista
  • The Godfather /El Padrino
  • Sophie's World/ El mundo de Sofía
  • Les Misérables/Los Miserables
  • The Davice Code/El código de Da Vinci
  • Love in the Time of Cholera/El amor en tiempos de cólera
share|improve this answer

These are all available on gutenberg? IOW, they are in the public domain? I imagine Les Misérables, but the others I'm familiar with seem too new for that to be the case. –  B. Clay Shannon Dec 18 '13 at 16:00
I have seen in elnglish/spanish those books you can find them in the web... –  Emilio Gort Dec 18 '13 at 18:18
search on amazon –  Emilio Gort Dec 18 '13 at 18:33

I appreciate the info, but the question was, which pairs are available on gutenberg.org, IOW which are in the public domain. So I upvoted your answer but have not marked it as the answer for that reason. –  B. Clay Shannon Dec 18 '13 at 18:44

it's ok, yo have to goolge it –  Emilio Gort Dec 18 '13 at 18:54

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.