Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I need some examples of the use of the Spanish verb "pensar" , in propositions containing also other verbs ,nouns or pronouns ?

share|improve this question

closed as too broad by Alexis Pigeon, c.p., Albertus, Ricardo, Emilio Gort Jan 18 at 13:59

There are either too many possible answers, or good answers would be too long for this format. Please add details to narrow the answer set or to isolate an issue that can be answered in a few paragraphs.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

3 Answers 3

up vote 2 down vote accepted
  1. Pienso, luego existo. - I think, therefor I am.
  2. Marta piensa que su hijo es un genio. - Marta thinks his son is a genius.
  3. Raúl piensa comprarse una casa. - Raúl is thinking about buying a house.
  4. Déjame pensar el problema. - Let me think about the problem.
  5. No lo pienses tanto. - Don't think about it too much.
  6. Sandra piensa en su novio. - Sandra thinks in her boyfriend.

Samples 1. and 6. are intransitive («en su novio» is not a direct object), while samples 2, 3., 4. and 5. are transitive with object being a subordinate proposition («que su hijo es un genio»), a verb («comprarse»), a noun («el problema») and a pronoun («lo»).

share|improve this answer

Also as an adverb

"Pienso como un niño" (think as a child)

"Pienso como si estuviera borracho" (think as if i were drunk"

"Pienso al revés" (?)(meaning that you think different or totally oposed to someone)

"Pienso cada vez más" (?) (meaning that you think more over time)

"Pienso que no deberías ir" (verb)

"Pienso en ti" (pronoun)

"Pienso en María" (noun)

As you can see, 'pensar' is constructed with 'que' or 'en'.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.