Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Tengo la siguiente oración de un texto que estoy traduciendo:

Él,como pudo, midío en diferentes días y a diferentes horas

¿Cuales son los problemas de esta oración? ¿Cómo puedo rehacerla?

I have the following sentence from a document I am translating:

Él,como pudo, midío en diferentes días y a diferentes horas

What are some problems in this sentence. How would you rewrite it?

share|improve this question

I cannot really help you without knowing the original sentence. –  Rafa Sep 3 '13 at 14:47

2 Answers 2

As Juan Sebastian states, modulo the bad spelling of midío, which should be midió, the sentence is correct. It means,

He measured, as he could, on different days, at different times.

share|improve this answer

The word midío is wrong, it should be midió. Also, it is not oracíon but oración.

That is the only mistake I see. I am a native spanish speaker, and the sentence makes sense to me.

share|improve this answer
I would reorder it as Él midió como pudo en diferentes días y a diferentes horas, I could use distintos/as en lugar de diferentes in one or both occurences. But, besides accentuation mistakes, I agree the sentence is okay as it is. –  deStrangis Sep 3 '13 at 14:59

Thanks for your input. What originally bothered me was that we had two conjugated verbs together, 'pudo' and 'midió'. –  Dombey Sep 3 '13 at 22:30

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.