Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I know "junta" in Spanish means meeting. However, what does "junta" mean in the following sentence? Is it correctly used? This from a document I am translating into English. It may contain mistakes.

Dos tapas de toallas húmedo se pusieron en una bolsa plástica desechable, con una línea grapada a 1/3 del fondo de la bolsa para mantener la toallla de papel en su lugar y para proporcionar una junta para mantener las semillas de rábano.

share|improve this question
Unrelated to the question, but the Spanish text sample stinks. For starters, "toallas humedo" is a concordance error, the composition is clumsy and it's poorly punctuated. I don't envy you if you have to work with this kind of texts. –  deStrangis Aug 29 '13 at 13:05

@deStrangis it actually seems that it's already a translation, probably from an online service :D –  JoulSauron Aug 29 '13 at 14:23
I agree the document is poorly written. –  Dombey Aug 29 '13 at 22:04

1 Answer 1

up vote 6 down vote accepted

It means "joint" (as in "union" or "junction"), the place where two things join each other.

See the 4th definition here.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.