Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I speak Spanish daily now, but feel I'm not learning many new things anymore (although there is still much for me to learn).

As I will have some more time the coming months, I was thinking of taking an official test, which will motivate me a lot to make exercises, learn lists of vocabulary etc.

On the one hand, there is DELE (Diplomas de Español como Lengua Extranjera), which is actually quite expensive. But it is internationally recognised. On the other hand I found some information about CELU (Certificate of Spanish: Language and Use, but that seems to be only recognized by Argentina?

If I invest in such a test I would like it to have some additional value when looking for a job.

My questions are: are there other options? Do they really have value when searching for a job (in case Spanish would be relevant for the job of course)? Any recommendations? (I live in Belgium and would like not to travel too far for the test).

I'm also afraid facing problems as I'm used to Latin Spanish and not the one of Spain.

share|improve this question

Assuming you're going to look for a job in Belgium or any other non Spanish speaking country, you should research locally what kind of certs are better accepted there. In a Spanish speaking country, they aren't going to look at your certificates. A 5 mins conversation will do. –  belisarius May 27 '13 at 12:35
add comment

1 Answer 1

Realmente no sé qué certificaciones internacionales existen para el español. Pero viendo que los DELE son los certificados que otorga el Instituto Cervantes (en nombre del Ministerio de Educación de España), presente en multitud de países, que se integran en el Marco Común Europeo de Referencia para las lenguas y que, en general, son reconocidos internacionalmente, yo optaría por uno de ellos.

En cuanto al precio, no es barato, pero no veo que sea más caro que otros exámenes equivalentes. Por ejemplo, he mirado en Bruselas, y el CPE de Cambridge University (nivel C2) es unos 30 € más caro que el DELE C2.

share|improve this answer

+1 @Silke: make the DELE, that's the only way, language certificates are always expensive, take as a reference the DELF, TestDaF, TOEFL, IELTS, DALF etc etc etc –  Joze May 28 '13 at 8:02
add comment

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.