Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

As the title says, I need a short form for the phrase:

"Indicaciones sobre la protección de datos"

It shouldn't be longer than 3-4 words. Does anybody have an idea?

share|improve this question

What would you use in English? –  Walter Mitty May 25 '13 at 11:41

It is for a website. The short form should appear in a navigation. Since the space is pretty small I wanted to have such a short form! I am satisfied with all your suggestions! For English I use Privacy Policy. –  Tonsenson May 27 '13 at 19:31

4 Answers 4

up vote 2 down vote accepted

Without more context, it's going to be hard, but you could try

• Indicaciones sobre la privacidad

• Política de privacidad

share|improve this answer

Facebook has a page, "política de privacidad" –  Walter Mitty May 28 '13 at 0:41

Cómo proteger sus datos.

I do subtitling for a living, and finding ways of saying it all with the least amount of characters is a must in this trade.

"Protección de datos" would be the closest way to summarize what you are trying to expose. It's brief and easy to understand.

I agree with Alexis that more context would help ... but if it's for something like a sub-heading in a document, you could just drop the "Indicaciones sobre la" and go with:

Protección de datos

I also like Alexis' "Política de privacidad", but "privacy" is a more general concept than "data protection", so it might not be applicable to your case.

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.