Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I have been studying Spanish once a week for two semesters now. We have covered two different past tenses plus future tense and I thought it might be a good time to start doing some reading on my own. Please, suggest some sources of reading material for my level of proficiency. I'm not really looking for any specific topics at this point.

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by JoulSauron Mar 14 '13 at 9:50

Questions on Spanish Language Stack Exchange are expected to relate to the Spanish language within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

For what purpose are you learning Spanish? For business contacts, to survive to the beach vendors at the Canary Islands in your holidays or because you want to be a teacher of the sixteenth century Spanish literature?. You must read mostly texts with the kind of words that you can use later in your real conversations. Only you know that ... –  Fran Mar 14 '13 at 1:40

Questions that don't have an specific answer, that the answer is a list or "how can I improve Spanish" are out of the scope of the Spanish.SE, and Stack Exchange in general. –  JoulSauron Mar 14 '13 at 9:49

1 Answer 1

As pointed out in the comments, this may vary drastically depending on what you expect. And a brief disclaimer: I don't know much about teaching spanish.it

Nonetheless, here's an attempt at it:

There's a children's book called "Platero y yo". Apparently it was written to teach verb conjugations. It's freely available as part of the Gutenberg project.

Do let us know if you find it of appropriate level or not.

share|improve this answer
Some interesting material for reading before "Platero". olahjl.blogspot.com.ar/2006/01/contra-juan-ramn.html –  belisarius Mar 15 '13 at 9:37

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.