Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

What does it mean? I've checked the literal meaning with Google:

dirty soul

I was looking for something more elegant, that shows its tone. Is it an idiom?

share|improve this question
Where did you hear it? Was it in a book, TV, song...? You could put the full sentence if you remember it. Usually it is useful to know the context if it is not an idiom. –  JoulSauron Mar 3 '13 at 18:43

I saw it tattooed on someone's arm, hard to tell, thanks for responding Joul –  mrtw Mar 3 '13 at 18:55

4 Answers 4

It literally means "Dirty Soul". It's not a common phrase in Spanish, more like an attempt to coin a badass sounding term (i.e. "Thug Life", "Bad Boy", "Hell Raiser", etc). Never heard that phrase used in common life.

share|improve this answer

Never heard it before either, however depending on the context or the meaning you want I'd translate it as one of corrupt|corrupted|black|dark|nasty|impure|horrible|wicked|vile|lewd+soul

I'd say "cruel heart" or "evil" basically.

I've never heard it before. Maybe a regional/slang term for something else? As far as I know, you're correct, "dirty soul" is the actual meaning.

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.