Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I am a fluent English speaker and I wanted a good FREE PDF to get started with. Primarily, I wish to see if my interests in learning spanish will sustain before I buy an expensive book. I have picked up books in the past only to realize that my motivation dips and the books are wasted. So, I wish to first be able to read a good book covering some vocabulary and some grammar before I really dive in. Any suggestions?

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by darkajax, Alfredo Osorio, dusan, Flimzy Aug 7 '12 at 2:56

Questions on Spanish Language Stack Exchange are expected to relate to the Spanish language within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Welcome to Spanish.SE! We're glad you're here. However, this particular question is not a good fit for our Q&A format. "Shopping recommendation" questions are off topic on the entire SE network, as they solicit multiple, equally correct answers. –  Flimzy Aug 7 '12 at 2:57

I would encourage you to look at amazon.com for book reviews. You can easily search for free books for kindle (with a free kindle reader available for download), and you can limit your search to Spanish-language books, and by an area of interest, and you can read reviews there, too. –  Flimzy Aug 7 '12 at 2:59
add comment

1 Answer

Not exactly a book, but a very useful page with online resources is BBC - Learn Spanish.

I don't know if there's any Spanish course such as those offered for free by Deutsche Welle to learn German Language. They have pdfs that you can print, and mp3 to hear also.

share|improve this answer
add comment

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.