Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I want to remember what a friend's name was I just met. It's on the tip of my tongue, and I keep wanting to say Yohio or Yojo. It was not Jose. I don't remember. He went by Joe as well. I remember it being a pretty cool name, and I want to remember how to say it.

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by DarkAjax, dusan, Gonzalo Medina, Alfredo Osorio, JoulSauron Jul 27 '12 at 8:03

Questions on Spanish Language Stack Exchange are expected to relate to the Spanish language within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Very interesting question. Definitely Joe is short of Joseph which in Spanish is José. Could it be he just went by Joe because people just could not pronounce his name properly and it sounds more or less similar? Do you know where is your friend from? –  Sergio Romero Jul 23 '12 at 15:41
Jorge, Joel, Jonas Jordi... ? It may help to know the country and region of your friend. –  user983248 Jul 23 '12 at 18:52
I'm really not at all sure this question is on topic... it's about remembering someone's name, and really seems to have nothing to do with the Spanish language. –  Flimzy Jul 23 '12 at 19:28
Look for it sitiosargentina.com.ar/Nombres/masculinos/J.htm –  belisarius Jul 24 '12 at 6:27

Agree with @SergioRomero so Jose –  Raykud Jul 25 '12 at 21:47

2 Answers 2

The name you are trying to remember is José.

share|improve this answer

Maybe Jordi? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordi

share|improve this answer

Jordi is a catalan name, not spanish. –  imanol Jul 27 '12 at 11:44

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.