Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I want to tell a friend that his credit card payment for an airline ticket went through (or was approved). How do I say that?

(In case your wondering why he doesn't call and ask himself, it's a german company and he only speaks spanish and portuguese.)

share|improve this question
add comment

4 Answers

At least in Mexico, you can say:

Ya pasó el pago. (this is the most common)
Ya (fue aprobado | te aprobaron) el pago.
Ya (fue aceptado | te aceptaron) el pago.

share|improve this answer
add comment

In general I think it is safe to say the following:

Su pago ha terminado exitosamente

La transacción ha finalizado de manera exitosa

More informal, for your friend

Tu pago terminó bien

or even

Tu pago fue bien

add comment

The Payment has been cleared phrase can be translated as:

1.- El pago ha sido aceptado. (Payment has been accepted) 2.- El pago fue aprobado. (Payment has been approved) 3.- El pago fue verificado. (Payment has been verified) 3.- El pago se efectuó de manera correcta. (The payment has been processed correctly) 4.- El pago fué satisfactorio. (The payment was satisfactory)

All of these phrases refer to the payment process, particularly related to online or electronic transactions.

All though all five phrases have a literal translation, (in parentheses)all are used to state the same process.

add comment

The proper way to say it is:

Amigo, el pago que hiciste con tu tarjeta de crédito para comprar los pasajes ya fue autorizado

By the way, the word "Autorizado" conveys the proper meaning and is also the word commonly used in the financial world.

add comment

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.