Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Which of the following sentences is/are correct which refers to English speaking of "Are you still worried about the future"?

1. ¿Todavía te inquietas por el futuro?
  2. ¿Todavía inquietas por el futuro?
  3. ¿Todavía inquieta/o por el futuro?
share|improve this question

1 Answer 1

up vote 0 down vote accepted

Naturally, you would use it as an adjective like this:

¿Todavía estás inquieto por el futuro?

This is exactly the same as the original sentence you want to translate, the verb is "to be" and "worried" an adjective.

If you still would like to use the verb "inquietar", the subject is the thing worring you, in this case, "the future". So, your two first sentences are not correct. Usually, you use a pronoun for expressing who worries the thing (indirect object), as you tried in your first sentence with "te". So the sentence would be:

¿Todavía te inquieta el futuro?

share|improve this answer

A mí me cuesta con las definiciones de "sujeto" y "objeto". Como en esta frase "Do you still worried about the future?", el sujeto es "you" y el objeto es "the future", no? Por qué invierte? –  Cadenza Jul 7 '12 at 15:12
La frase en inglés sería: "Are you still worried about the future". Sí, el sujeto es "you" y el objeto "the future". En inglés y en español, worry/inquietar funcionan así: Sujeto - inquieta/worry - yo. Es como "scare": "The dog scares me", "El perro me asusta". "The future worries me", "El futuro me inquieta". –  JoulSauron Jul 7 '12 at 15:16
Fíjate que en "Are you still..." estás usando el verbo "estar"/"to be". Yo estoy inquieto. Esa cosa me inquieta. –  JoulSauron Jul 7 '12 at 15:17
¡Gracias! Ya veo poco. Necesito explorar más para entender. –  Cadenza Jul 7 '12 at 15:31
Sí, soy china. :) –  Cadenza Jul 7 '12 at 15:37

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.