Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Spanish

Significado difícil: "sostenernos de una sombra". ¿Se refiere a una sustancia superior?

English

Difficult meаning: "sostenernos de una sombra". Is it said about а superior substance?

Roberto Juarroz (Argentina)
CUANDO EL MUNDO SE AFINA
Cuando el mundo se afina
como si apenas fuera un filamento,
nuestras manos inhábiles
no pueden aferrarse ya de nada.

No nos han enseñado
el único ejercicio que podría salvarnos:
aprender a sostenernos de una sombra.

share|improve this question

Bienvenido a Spanish.SE! Please, read our FAQ to learn how this site is run. We hope to see you often here! –  JoulSauron Jun 9 '12 at 21:28

"Una luz" podría significar un ser superior, pero "una sombra", difícilmente lo sea. "Sostenernos de una sombra" parece significar la aptitud de conseguir sostén (apoyo, ligazón con la realidad, atadura al mundo real) a partir de lo menos real del mundo real: una sombra –  belisarius Jun 17 '12 at 0:22
add comment

2 Answers

up vote 2 down vote accepted

Español

No lo creo. Probablemente, realmente esté diciendo que nos sostengamos de una sombra ya que el mundo se afinó y no podemos sostenernos de él, y por el contrario sería más fácil hacerlo de una sobra. Fíjate en la metáfora y la ironía ya que no puedes sostenerte de una sombra.

Inglés

I don't think so. Probably he's really saying to hold ourselves from a shadow as the world is sharpened and thin and we cannot hold ourselves from it and it would be easier to do it form a shadow instead. Note the metaphor and the irony as you can't hold yourself from a shadow.

share|improve this answer

i imаgine an old man when read. The irony and sorrow. thanks –  Yurij73 Jun 10 '12 at 8:18
add comment

Sounds to me like, learning to support ourselves or some kind of expression indicating we must learn to stand on our on feet.

share|improve this answer
add comment

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.