Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

What are some Spanish terms of enderment you could use for a girlfriend or a wife? In English I'm thinking things like sweetheart, sweetie, darling, cutie, babe, etc..

Any others that are unique to Spanish?

share|improve this question

closed as not constructive by Flimzy, Richard, Jon Ericson, hippietrail, jrdioko Nov 16 '11 at 23:36

As it currently stands, this question is not a good fit for our Q&A format. We expect answers to be supported by facts, references, or expertise, but this question will likely solicit debate, arguments, polling, or extended discussion. If you feel that this question can be improved and possibly reopened, visit the help center for guidance.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

This question seems to be asking for a list of answers, which makes selecting a single "correct" answer very difficult. For this reason I am voting to close. If you can ask a more specific question ("What should I call my wife in XYZ situation?") that would probably be much more answerable and suitable for an SE site. –  Flimzy Nov 16 '11 at 18:53
"Mon petit chou", for those who speak both Spanish and French. (And English, if they can read this comment.) ... Oh wait.. unique to Spanish... gotcha. –  Richard Nov 16 '11 at 19:09

1 Answer 1

up vote 2 down vote accepted

Some of the standard ones like: amor, querida, princesa, cielita, guapa.

There are also others like gordita and bichita.

share|improve this answer

"Cariño" is the most common in Spain. –  Albertus Mar 5 '13 at 10:24

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.