Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

"Sabor a Mi" is the title of a song in Spanish.

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/l/los_panchos/sabor_a_mi.html

Usually, sabor is a noun. But in this context, it seems to be used more like a verb. Can it be (roughly) translated as "savor me"?

Another translation I used, that people liked because it was "hard-hitting" (and sexy), was "come on to me."

share|improve this question

"Sabor" is definitely not used as a verb on that song title. –  Juan A. Navarro Nov 16 '11 at 15:26

@Juan: As well as telling us what it isn't can you also tell us what it is? –  hippietrail Nov 16 '11 at 15:43

Yes. It is a noun. –  Juan A. Navarro Nov 16 '11 at 15:50

Beatiful song...taste of me –  Emilio Gort Nov 18 '13 at 18:12

I think I was confused by the context of all the other verbs in the lyrics, and therefore took sabor as a verb: Tanto tiempo DISFRUTAMOS de este amor nuestras almas se ACERCARON tanto a as que yo guardo tu sabor pero tu LLEVAS tambien SABOR a mi. Si NEGARAS mi presencia ... –  Tom Au Nov 18 '13 at 19:23
add comment

2 Answers

up vote 11 down vote accepted

I would say that the translation could be "a taste of me". I don't see that "sabor" is used as a verb there, it is used as a noun.

share|improve this answer
+1, though I'd traslate the title (alone) as "Taste of me". It's indeed used as a noun, as in the phrase "that left me a bad taste in the mouth". –  leonbloy Nov 16 '11 at 15:28
A taste of me probably would leave a bad taste in the mouth. –  Richard Nov 16 '11 at 15:30
add comment

The complete sentence is "En la boca llevarás sabor a mi", so it definitely is "You will keep in your mouth a taste of me".

share|improve this answer
add comment

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.