What's the proper way to respond to the question ¿Qué me cuentas?
It seems to often be used as a sort of "What's up?" type question, similar to ¿Como estas? or ¿Que tal?
However, answering with simply Estoy bien doesn't seem quite appropriate.
Various responses I've used or considerd before:
- Answer with another ¿Qué me cuentas? -- similar to how in English What's up? is often answerd with Hey! What's up?
- Answer with Estoy bien or other similar "I'm-fine" half-answer
- Answer with Nada -- similar to the English What's up? and Nothing answer
- Answer with a story... Hoy fui a la tienda para comprar papel de baño... ¿y tu?
- Ignore the question, and find something else to talk about. (I probably find myself doing this most often)
What did I leave out? And what's the most appropriate?