I need a Spanish word list, as simple as that.
The more complete it is, the better, it should contain as many words as to be a statistically relevant sample.
It can be in any format, xml, excel, txt, etc...

Example:
a al ala alambre ...
(Doesn't need to be in any specific order)

Then I can import it into a database and make some statistical analysis about letter and syllable frequency and in what combinations do they appear, where in the word, etc.

Necesito una lista de palabras del español. Cuanto más completa, mejor.
Debería contener una cantidad de palabras como para tener una muestra estadísticamente relevante.
Puede estar en cualquier formato, xml, excel, txt, etc...

Ejemplo:
a al ala alambre ...
(No tiene que estar en ningún orden específico)

La necesito para importarla en una base de datos y luego poder hacer análisis estadísticos sobre la frecuencia de letras y sílabas, y la incidencia de sus combinaciones, en qué parte de la palabra aparecen, etc.

• Hey, sorry the question got closed. It is off topic because it isn't asking a particular question about spanish, this could be exchanged with french or german with no difference. If you change the question for a more exact answer I'll be happy to reopen it. Thanks! :)
    – Jose Luis
    Mar 10, 2012 at 10:50
  • ¿Te serviría una lista de palabras conjugadas para Scrabble? Tengo una, sólo incluye palabras de 2 a 13 letras, y no incluye las tildes. Mar 10, 2012 at 12:56
  • @Joze: Oh sorry, so should I post this exact same question in linguistics?
    – Petruza
    Mar 11, 2012 at 22:48
  • I'm sure this question would be closed on linguistics, as well. I'd suggest searching for spell check dictionaries in your target language(s). aspell/ispell come with some that are freely available. Google is your friend.
    – Flimzy
    Jun 6, 2012 at 17:46
    Actually we've answered similar questions on linguistics.SE before. Tag it with resources and corpora. But do try and tell us how hard you looked so far and what you need it for, especially if computational linguistics is involved. Jun 8, 2012 at 23:12

1 Answer 1

Couldn't you make use of the words that come in Spanish dictionaries for Firefox, for example? I have 2 Spanish dictionaries installed (Argentina, Spain) and they have 72886 and 54875 words respectively. You can easily import them into a database table. They are plain text files separated by EOL.

I just read that the Spanish language has about 100K words; therefore, the 73K words in the Argentinian dictionary for Firefox should be a good start for your analysis.

Gracias! no entiendo por qué me cerraron la pregunta, si esto no tiene que ver con el lenguaje y su uso, no entiendo.
    – Petruza
    Mar 10, 2012 at 2:50

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.