Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Please help to translate this simple audio file.
audio file on soundcloud

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by Kage, dusan, Alfredo Osorio, Alenanno, Flimzy Feb 29 '12 at 3:41

Questions on Spanish Language Stack Exchange are expected to relate to the Spanish language within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

The clip says "Estoy muy encantada conocerte. Un beso grande.", which has a grammatical mistake. It should be "[...] encantada de conocerte". –  MikMik Feb 28 '12 at 11:24
Welcome to Spanish.SE! We're glad you're here. However, this site is for discussion of the Spanish language, and not a translation service. Unfortunately that makes your question off-topic here. –  Flimzy Feb 29 '12 at 3:42

sorry, should I delete a question ? –  Oleg Dats Mar 1 '12 at 10:57

2 Answers 2

up vote 2 down vote accepted

To add to the @Tomas' answer, the audio file says, "Estoy muy encantada conocerte. Un beso grande." A Literal translation of this would be:

"I am very pleased to meet you. A big kiss."

One could also note that the speaker is female based on the use of the word "encantada", and that she is familiar with the recipient of the message based on the "te" and, of course, the big kiss.

share|improve this answer
One could also note that the speaker speaks poor Spanish; she says "Estoy muy encantada conocerte", where it should be "Estoy muy encantada de conocerte". –  CesarGon Feb 28 '12 at 13:43

When referencing a "previous" answer, consider using the poster's name with an @ in front, since the order may change with voting. In this case, "To add to @Tomas' answer..." –  Eric Burcham Feb 28 '12 at 15:58

@Eric, Thanks. It's changed. –  Rachel Mar 1 '12 at 2:19

The translation is:

I am so very pleased to meet you. I send you a kiss.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.