Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I spoke Spanish fluently, but it's been 10 years since I lived in Mexico. I'm definitely past the learn Spanish podcasts listed here.

Are there good news podcasts available? I'm looking for something along the lines of The New York Times, The Economist, even a program like Bill Maher's RealTime... Something a little deeper or more conversational than the news on Univision. Doesn't have to be Mexican, anywhere in Latin America or Spain is fine.

I know of the Mexican newspaper, La Jornada, but I don't believe they have any podcasts. I use to enjoy Ollalo Rubio's podcasts, but I don't think he does them any more.

Any suggestions?

share|improve this question

Did you try using something like palabea.com or livemocha.com ? –  Diego Feb 13 '12 at 17:30

Voting to close. I suggest you use a search engine to find podcasts. This website is "for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language", a description your question does not seem to fit. –  Janoma Feb 13 '12 at 19:13

Welcome to Spanish.SE! I think your question is not bad, however, it unfortunately soliciting a list of answers, which makes it impossible to provide a single, correct answer, and is therefore a poor fit for this sort of Q&A site. –  Flimzy Feb 13 '12 at 19:42
add comment

closed as not constructive by Janoma, Flimzy Feb 13 '12 at 19:42

As it currently stands, this question is not a good fit for our Q&A format. We expect answers to be supported by facts, references, or expertise, but this question will likely solicit debate, arguments, polling, or extended discussion. If you feel that this question can be improved and possibly reopened, visit the help center for guidance.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.