Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

I have written a simple application for Android mobiles phones. It appears to be quite popular in a handful of non-English speaking countries, with Spain being one of them. I have managed to get most of the text translated, but I'm stuck on one sentence which is:

AppName has now exited. Your normal screen timeout settings have now been re-applied

The context is that the application, "AppName", keeps the screen while it is running, overriding the usual "timeout settings" which specify the length of time the screen stays on until Android switches it off. When the application exits, the application needs to inform the user that the usual settings have been re-applied and are no longer being overwritten.

It's a bit technical to find a translation in a phrasebook, or to trust a translation website.

Can anyone translate it?

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by dusan, jrdioko, César, Chewie, darkajax Mar 4 '13 at 16:22

Questions on Spanish Language Stack Exchange are expected to relate to the Spanish language within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Welcome to Spanish.SE! I'm not sure this question is a good fit for this site. This really isn't a translation service. –  Flimzy Jan 29 '12 at 1:22

Apologies Flimzy. I really don't know where else to go though - I have a smattering of Spanish but couldn't manage something like this... –  barry Jan 29 '12 at 15:22

I agree with Flimzy. @barry try going to the chat, it will get you a faster answer and that way u don't have to ask the question here :-) –  Joze Jan 31 '12 at 7:26

Thanks Joze - I'll bear that in mind. –  barry Jan 31 '12 at 12:59

1 Answer 1

AppName ha finalizado. Tu configuración de tiempo de espera de pantalla ha sido re-aplicada.

That would be the literal translation. I'm a native spanish speaker.

share|improve this answer

Thanks. When you say 'literal translation', do you mean there is a more natural way of saying this in Spanish? –  barry Jan 29 '12 at 9:41
Though it's correct, I think it doesn't sound very natural. For example the passive voice isn't usually used in this way. The one used with "se" is much more common. "volver a aplicar" is more common than "reaplicar". I'd prefer something like "AppName ha finalizado. Se ha vuelto a aplicar la configuración normal de tiempo de espera de la pantalla" or maybe a verb like "restablecer" or "restituir" which means restore: "AppName ha finalizado. Se ha restablecido la configuración normal de tiempo de espera de la pantalla" –  Juanillo Jan 29 '12 at 15:19

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.