Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

In software engineering, there are often multiple "environments" the codebase exists in:

• development
  • testing or qa
  • staging
  • production

What is the Spanish term used for "environment," and how are each of these environments translated?

share|improve this question

1 Answer 1

up vote 8 down vote accepted

The Spanish word for "environment", in this context, is "entorno". So, we can talk about:

• Entorno de desarrollo ("development")
  • Entorno de pruebas ("testing")
  • Entorno de producción ("production")

Update: As for "staging", I have seen the English word itself being used as a loanword, as in "entorno de staging". But, as others have pointed out (thanks, Javi and Ricardo), "entorno de pre-producción" is often used, as well.

share|improve this answer
In the companies I've worked in Spain we've used the term "entorno de pre-producción" for staging. –  Javi Jan 19 '12 at 8:39

I've heard "entorno de pre-producción" too. –  Ricardo Jan 19 '12 at 14:58

I've heard and used "entorno de transición" for "staging environment". –  CesarGon Jan 19 '12 at 18:52

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.