Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

What is the best Spanish translation of the English phrase "Are you ok?" or "Are you alright?" (said out of concern for someone who has just gotten hurt, for example after tripping and falling or getting hit by a ball thrown at them)?

share|improve this question

2 Answers 2

up vote 8 down vote accepted

The correct translation would be "¿Estás bien?" or "¿Te encuentras bien?". Maybe we use more "¿Estás bien?" for general things and "¿Te encuentras bien?" for ask about feelings. Anyway, you can use both for the same purpose.

share|improve this answer

I would use "¿Te encuentras bien?" especially if i knew the person was sick or not feeling very well and "¿Estás bien?" more generally like Sergi mentioned =) –  Kage Jan 16 '12 at 23:44

I'm thinking more a situation where someone has just gotten hurt, rather than them feeling bad in general. –  jrdioko Jan 16 '12 at 23:51

Then I'll use "¿Estás bien?" –  Sergi Jan 17 '12 at 21:36

Apart from the two ways provided by Sergi, if you want to check if someones alright after getting hurt like you mentioned, you could also ask:

¿Se siente bien? - Do you feel alright?

¿Te has hecho daño? - Are you hurt? (after tripping over/falling etc)

¿Estás herido? - Are you hurt? (wounded)

share|improve this answer

Your Answer

discard

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.