Take the 2-minute tour ×
Spanish Language Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for students, teachers, and linguists wanting to discuss the finer points of the Spanish language. It's 100% free, no registration required.

What are commonly used Spanish words that are actually Spanglish (mix between English and Spanish)? Examples that I've heard, that I think are Spanglish, are

• El Cheque the check/bill - should be la cuenta
  • Parquiar To park - should be estacionar
share|improve this question

Are you italian or speak Italian? –  Serabe Nov 15 '11 at 23:28

My grandparents were from Bari, Italy, but I unfortunately don't speak Italian. –  Eric Di Bari Nov 15 '11 at 23:32

If sometime you decide to learn it, remember that sicuramente (Italian) means 100% sure while seguramente (Spanish) means that something is quite likely but not 100% sure. If you are 100% sure, you use something like por supuesto. –  Serabe Nov 15 '11 at 23:37
Unfortunately, this is an example of a list question. List questions are generally not acceptable, StackExchange-Network wide. –  Richard Nov 15 '11 at 23:38
add comment

closed as not constructive by Richard, Dori Nov 15 '11 at 23:40

As it currently stands, this question is not a good fit for our Q&A format. We expect answers to be supported by facts, references, or expertise, but this question will likely solicit debate, arguments, polling, or extended discussion. If you feel that this question can be improved and possibly reopened, visit the help center for guidance.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

1 Answer

• To park, estacionar or, in castillian, aparcar.

• I'll buy you a drink, a lot of people translate it literally to "te compro una copa", "te invito a una copa" would be enough and correct.

share|improve this answer
add comment

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.